Thank you for your interest in the 2015 Kiwanis Regional Spelling Bee - a joint project of The Kiwanis Club of Lafayette and the Kiwanis Club of Acadiana. Here is some information for you and your schools about registering for our bee:
- The bee is held in association with the Scripps National Spelling Bee, and all registration is handled through the Scripps website - www.spellingbee.com.
- The bee will be held Friday February 27, 2015 at Dupre Library on the the University of Louisiana at Lafayette campus - 400 East St. Mary Blvd. Registration will be held Friday evening from 5:30 - 6:20, and the bee will begin at 6:30 p.m..
- Public, private, charter, parochial and home schools from the following parishes may participate in the bee: Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St, Martin, St. Mary and Vermilion
- There will be bees in 2 grade divisions: 3-5 grade and 6-8 grade. The winner of our 6-8 grade division bee will represent our 8 parishes in the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C. Airfare, hotel and spending money will be provided by the hosting Kiwanis Clubs for the winner and 1 parent or accompanying adult.
- Schools can send 1 bee winner to each bee.
- Schools that register for the Kiwanis bee must complete their own local bee by February 11, 2015 and must register their champion(s) with photographs at www.spellingbee.com by February 11, 2015.
And now the details...
- The per-school fee for public, private, charter, home school association/group/co-op, home schools and parochial schools that enroll at www.spellingbee.com on or before October 15, 2014 ("Early-Bird enrollment"), is $130. Schools that enroll between October 16, 2004 and January 29, 2015 will be assessed the "Regular enrollment" fee of $205.
- No schools can register after January 29, 2015.
- (Note that registration is best handled by credit card. If you must pay by check, Scripps will charge an extra $7.50 check fee.)
Register your school at the Scripps website at www.spellingbee.com. If you have any questions prior to registration, please contact David Edmond at 337-654-5316. Good luck !