Thank you for your interest in 2014 Kiwanis Regional Spelling Bee - a joint project of The Kiwanis Club of Lafayette and the Kiwanis Club of Acadiana. Here is the latest information for you and your schools about our bee:
- The bee is held in association with the Scripps National Spelling Bee, and all registration is handled through the Scripps website - www.spellingbee.com.
- The bee will be held Saturday March 22, 2014 at the South Louisiana Community College, 320 Devalcourt St in Lafayette. Registration will be held Saturday morning from 8:00 - 8:50, and the bees will begin at 9:00.
- Public, private, charter, parochial and home schools from the following parishes may participate in the bee: Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St, Martin, St. Mary and Vermilion
- There will be bees in 2 grade divisions: 3-5 grade and 6-8 grade. The winner of our 6-8 grade division bee will represent our 8 parishes in the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C. Airfare, hotel and spending money will be provided by the hosting Kiwanis Clubs for the winner and 1 parent or accompanying adult.
- Schools can send 1 bee winner to each bee.
- Schools that register for the Kiwanis bee must complete their own local bee by February 28, 2014. They must register their champion(s) with photographs at www.spellingbee.com by February 28, 2014.
- Our bee will remain a traditional Spell-Down - there will be no testing on definitions at our bee.