Thank you for your interest in 2013 Kiwanis Regional Spelling Bee - a joint project of The Kiwanis Club of Lafayette and the Kiwanis Club of Acadiana. Here is some information for you and your schools about registering for our bee:
- The bee is held in association with the Scripps National Spelling Bee, and all registration is handled through the Scripps website - www.spellingbee.com.
- The bee will be held Saturday March 16, 2013 at the South Louisiana Community College, 320 Devalcourt St in Lafayette. Registration will be held Saturday morning from 8:00 - 8:50, and the bee will begin at 9:00.
- Public, private, charter, parochial and home schools from the following parishes may participate in the bee: Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St, Martin, St. Mary and Vermilion
- There will be bees in 3 grade divisions: 3-4 grade, 5-6 grade, and 7-8 grade. The winner of our 7-8 grade division bee will represent our 8 parishes in the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C. Airfare, hotel and spending money will be provided by the hosting Kiwanis Clubs for the winner and 1 parent or accompanying adult.
- Schools can send 1 bee winner to each bee.
- Schools that register for the Kiwanis bee must complete their own local bee by February 15, 2013. They must register their champion(s) with photographs at www.spellingbee.com by February 24, 2013.
And now the details...
- The per-school fee for public, private, charter and parochial schools that enroll at www.spellingbee.com on or before October 15, 2012, is $115. Schools that enroll between October 16 and December 14, 2012, will be assessed the enrollment fee of $115 plus a $75 late fee.
- The fee for a home school association/group/co-op that enrolls at www.spellingbee.com on or before October 15, 2012, is $115. Home school groups that enroll between October 16 and December 14, 2012, will be assessed the enrollment fee of $115 plus a $75 late fee.
- If you are a home school family that does not belong to a group/association/co-op, your individual home school family can enroll for $89. To enroll, the home school family must first complete a request form here.
- No schools can register after December 14.
- (Note that registration is best handled by credit card. If you must pay by check, Scripps will charge an extra $7.50 check fee.)